Chocolate Pudding with Benefits
By Donna&Danielle on January 18, 2018
Everyone needs a treat once in awhile. My favorite treats usually involve chocolate. So it makes sense that I love this chocolate pudding not only because it involves chocolate but because it comes with health benefits! Better yet this recipe includes just 7 ingredients including avocado, cacao powder, coconut milk, chocolate, vanilla, salt and raw honey, making it a nutrient dense, rich tasting dessert. It is a party in your mouth! And did I say it can boost your metabolism? For those of us over 50 this is a huge plus!
Let’s highlight a couple of the ingredients in this recipe and some of their benefits.
Let’s begin with the main ingredient in this pudding, avocados. Avocados have many benefits! They support heart and cardiovascular health, brain health, joint health and even immunity. And let’s not forget digestive health and METABOLISM!
Then there is cocao. Cacao is one of the richest source of magnesium you can find! Our bodies need magnesium but it is depleted when we are under stress. How many of you are NOT under stress? Magnesium helps your body relax. It is also beneficial in helping your body be more flexible and less tense.
So let’s eat Pudding without guilt! Enjoy!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Chocolate pudding with benefits! It is a nutrient dense, rich tasting dessert. It actually benefits your health! And did I say it can boost your metabolism?
- 3 large ripe avocados (4 if small)
- 1/4 cup cocao powder
- 3-6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (72% or higher) melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings: banana slices, blueberries, strawberries, coconut, chia seeds, nuts, grated chocolate
- Combine all ingredients in blender except for 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Taste and add remaining honey if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and spoon it into bowls.
- If desired garnish with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- On the 21 day fix plan I consider this a treat - one serving is 1 yellow.
Coastal Girl Food n' Fitness http://coastalgirlfoodnfitness.com/