Banana Bread Meets Chocolate
By Donna&Danielle on January 24, 2018
I cannot lie! I love, love Chocolate!!! I crave it! Chocolate cake makes me happy – well anything chocolate makes me happy!
I also have folks asking about gluten free recipes. Many people are finding that they can’t eat gluten, or feel better when they don’t eat it or are trying to eat less of it. I fall in the last category.
Well, in playing around in the kitchen today I made a gluten free Chocolate Banana Pecan Bread! It sunk in the middle a bit but it was so good, so moist, so decadent! My husband ate half the loaf! Can’t say anything but that it is stupid good!
And did I say Gluten Free?!
To make it healthier I used organic ingredients but that is your choice! If you are gluten intolerant make sure and check that all your ingredients are gluten free! If you are allergic to nuts simply leave them out:)
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
In this recipe Banana Bread meets Chocolate and results in a bread so good, so moist, so decadent! And it is gluten free!
- 2 eggs
- 4 small very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Optional Topping: dark chocolate chips and nuts for sprinkling on top!
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl or food processor place bananas and mash.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the bananas and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. (In the food processor I pulse until mixed).
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter in prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top if desired.
- Bake 350 for approx 50-60 minutes
- Let cool before slicing
- If following the Portion Fix plan one slice would be counted as a treat.
- If you are gluten intolerant make sure and check that all your ingredients are gluten free!
- If you are allergic to nuts simply leave them out.
Coastal Girl Food n' Fitness http://coastalgirlfoodnfitness.com/