Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
By Donna&Danielle on September 23, 2017
I was really hesitant of trying overnight oats… Cold oatmeal did not sound appetizing. When I finally tried them I was pleasantly surprised! They are more like a pudding than oatmeal and the combinations are endless! I love trying new combinations of fruits and flavorings! Black Forest and blueberry peach are among my favorites.
Overnight oats can be eaten for breakfast but they also make a delicious, healthy snack! Since it is fall and during this season I am all about pumpkin, I decided that I had to try Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats. And I have to say that they are delicious, reminding me of pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
These oats are like pumpkin pie in a jar! Great to grab and go for breakfast or a snack!
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup (2 3/4 ounces) milk of choice
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) pumpkin puree (I use canned; do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 container plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanillaextract
- 1 tablespoon roasted chopped pecans
- Mix all ingredients except pecans in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into a 8 ounce mason jar.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Place top on jar and seal it tightly.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Coastal Girl Food n' Fitness http://coastalgirlfoodnfitness.com/