By Donna&Danielle on September 23, 2017
Yes, we are going just a “little bit” pumpkin crazy over here! However it is that time of year when pumpkins are all around us!
I eat hummus and fresh cut veggies or hummus on a sandwich wrap at lunch time several times a week. When thinking about it I decided that pumpkin hummus would be perfect for this time of year! Most people do not realize how easy it is to make your own hummus.
Pumpkin hummus is just as easy! I simply added canned pumpkin puree to the hummus and changed up the seasoning a bit. It was a little dry so I added an extra teaspoon of oil and a tablespoon of water. You can do the same to get the texture you like!
This is great with fresh cut veggies or pita chips as well as on sandwiches!
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 - teaspoon cayenne
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Pita chips or crudités, for serving
- Combine the chickpeas, pumpkin, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, salt, pepper, oil and water in a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Further season the hummus to taste.
- Serve with pita chips or crudités.
Coastal Girl Food n' Fitness http://coastalgirlfoodnfitness.com/