Summer time is filled with vacations, travel, weekend get-a-ways, and visits from friends. We have traveled more this summer than we have stayed home. I am proud to say that I planned indulgences (after all I do love food) but have basically stuck to my plan! I may not have lost weight but I maintained and continued my fitness plan. I kept the “carrot” dangling in front, repeating to myself what my goals were several times a day. Here 5 simple tips we have found helpful when heading out on vacation:
1. Resist the Urge to Splurge. I try to not think of eating out as a special treat and thus give myself carte blanche to overindulge. (it is hard but possible). I try to look at the menu ahead of time and decide what I am going to eat. I also drink a glass of Shakeology before going out to the restaurant. It fills me up so I don’t stuff my mouth with the basket of bread or chips and dip before my meal arrives.
2. Don’t leave your good eating habits behind when you leave home! You are the same person with the same goals. Only the setting is different.
3. Have Fun and Enjoy the Food. It doesn’t make sense to deprive yourself of all foods you enjoy. However, moderation is key. Don’t eat a giant banana split or a plate piled high with fried seafood and french fries. Eat a little of what you want, sample things and avoid huge servings of foods not on your plan..
4. Move! You may not do your normal workout but move! Walk, hike, swim… Have fun! (we even hiked to the launching dock of “real” spring fed lazy river, carrying our inner tubes and floated back to the beginning).
5. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables! Don’t forget them! They will give you nutrients you need, keep you regular and fill you up!
Are you interested or thinking about changing your lifestyle to clean, healthy eating? We offer FREE COACHING and ONLINE ACCOUNTABILITY GROUPS!!!! JOIN US!
If you are not working with a coach sign up with ME as your FREE COACH! Just fill out the form below!
Hi! This is Donna. I am a grandmother, mom, wife, and a teacher. I also love cookbooks, love to bake and really enjoy food! At age 56 I have developed a love of fitness after losing 46 pounds on the 21 Day Fix! I have always struggled with my weight! When menopause struck and things got totally out of control… My weight only went up not down. My muffin top turned into a bakery shelf. I desperately wanted to lose weight and improve my health. I wanted to be able to play and keep up with my beautiful grandchildren. Nothing I tried worked until I found the 21 Day Fix. Now instead of a tight size 16 I wear a comfortable 8 and even some 6’s! At age 56 I am in the best shape of my life. My current goals are to improve my strength and to continue toning my body. I along with my daughter, Danielle, am here to help you reach your own fitness goals! You are never too young or old to become fitter, healthier, and stronger!